3 Colour Variations
New Modulation System
AIKO adopts the new modulation system like NI Massive synth.
There are “modulation source box” and you can do these:
- If a mod source is not set, you can assign it by left click.
- Drag the text area to set mod depth.
- Right click to change the mod source.
- Mod amount is shown as a ring around the target knob.
Just have a try and you’ll see. It’s really simple and fit to your hand! No more strange icons.
There’re also many small improvements that surely enhance your experience.
Modules didn’t go too much like hardwares, but have some good taste of “vintage” and reminds you of the original synths.
Especially REVERB and DELAY are super-easy-to-use.
By replacing the images, you can change some of the knobs and faders, to fit to your taste.
Cannot pay some only for the skin? OK, here’s a bonus sound set.
FACTORY T-2020 Soundset
- 36 Classic Leads
- 19 Modern Leads
- 26 Classic Decay Leads
- 11 Modern Decay Leads
- 36 Classic Pads
- 32 Modern Pads
- 23 Classic Basses
- 41 Classic Decay Basses
- 15 Modern Basses
- 18 Brasses
- 9 Strings
- 6 Reeds
- 40 Classic Plucks
- 16 Modern Plucks
- 26 Keys
- 28 Cinematic Sounds
- 43 Percussions
- 10 SFX (Rise, Fall, Noise)
435 patches in total!! Wow
Easy to Find
T-2020 is categorized in detail, with numbers indicating its sound.
- 1 : Soft, e.g. Sine or Tri based sounds.
- 2 : Warm, e.g. Fat Saw lead with half closed LP filter.
- 3 : Hard, e.g. Bright detuned Saw with open filter.
- 4 : Special, e.g. Strong-pitch-modulated sounds.
So, for example, “BSC-3” means that it’s categorized in Bass-Classic-Hard.
In other words, The deeper you scroll down, the harder sound you encounter. Easy!
Brass, Strings, Reed and Key
Bass (Classic – Sustain)
Bass (Classic – Decay)
Purchase – $15
Purchase on Gumroad
You can purchase this package via Gumroad.
Gumroad now supports Paypal! and There should be Paypal option.
But it seems unstable and sometimes Paypal option doesn’t show up (OMG!).
Even in that situation, You can pay via paypal though it’s a bit roundabout.
- 1. Pay directly via the paypal button below.
- 2. I send you the 100% off voucher, which can be used on Gumroad.
- 3. Please visit Gumroad and use the voucher to get the package for free.
- Since I send vouchers manually, and since I’m on another job during the daytime, It’ll be (in maximum) about 20 HOURS before receiving the download code.
- If the mail doesn’t come too long, please check the spam folder as well.
You can download the demo version of the skin, and,
128 patches from T-2020 sound set!
- Less color.
- Some knobs are missing.
- No HPF. No FX2. No LFO2.
- Watermarks on knob images.
- Logo is changed from “Diva” to “Demo”.
Rest are the same as the full version. Please see how it works on your computer. (It might crash on some DAWs on some computers.)
How to Install
- 1.Go to “Macintosh HD/Library/Application Support/u-he/Themes”
and drop the theme folder. (Note that it’s not your USER’s LIBRARY folder.)
- 2. Open Diva.
- 3. Click the cog icon (top-right) to open the preference.
- 4. Choose “AIKO” as the default skin.
- 1. Find your Diva folder. it may be on “C:VSTPlugins:u-he:Diva.data”
- 2. Then move to “Support:Themes” and drop the theme folder there. If there’s no such folder, then create on your own.
- 3. Open Diva.
- 4. Click the cog icon (top-right) to open the preference.
- 5. Choose “AIKO” as the default skin.
The meaning of AIKO
AIKO /áɪkɔ/ is an abbreviation of “All Interfaces Kawaiku Optimized“.
(*Kawaiku = adverb form of “Kawaii“, which means “lovable” or “cute” in Japanese.)
“Cuteness”, is kinda opposite to “Dinosaur” — AIKO aims at obtaining modern tidiness. So the design of DualVCO is rather inspired by JP-08, not the original JUPITER-8, for example.
AIKO in Japan
AIKO is named after the famous Japanese singer, aiko.
She is one of those who represent the Japanese pop music scene and I love her songs much!